DEHNguard protects wind turbines
Type 2 arrester for voltages up to 1000 V
Combines two contrast: High system voltage and low voltage protection level
The undesired tripping of a surge protective device (SPD) in case of voltage peaks up to 2,200 Vpeak used to be a problem especially in wind turbines.
DEHNguard DG SE H 1000 VA comprises a varistor connected in series with a gas discharge tube which prevents undesired tripping of the SPD. This type 2 arrester is therefore ideally suited for use in wind turbines – particularly for protecting double fed induction (DFI) generators.
More space on the DIN rail – Width of only 4.5 standard DIN modules
Compared to the previous solution which required 8 standard DIN modules, compact surge protection including protection of terminal equipment is now ensured on 4.5 standard DIN modules.
Your benefits at a glance
- Excellent protection thanks to low voltage protection level (≤ 5 kV)
- Universal use: The series connection of a varistor and a gas discharge tube prevents tripping up to 2,200 Vpeak
- Space-saving installation (4.5 standard DIN modules = 81 mm instead of 8 standard DIN modules)
- Long service life thanks to high discharge capacity up to 40 kA (8/20 µs) and absence of leakage currents
- Vibration and shock-proof thanks to module locking system
- Easy function monitoring by means of visual indication and remote signalling contact
Further fields of application
|Use in further fields of application|
Due to the combination of high system voltages and a low voltage protection level, DEHNguard SE H 1000 VA can also be used in other fields of application: